This Retreat is Fully Booked. To submit a waitlist request with Esalen, follow the registration button.
What would the world be like if we discovered how to access our wisdom and compassion to truly and fully live? In this retreat, Loch will present easily accessible methods that weave together different approaches to embody awakening — from neuroscience and cutting-edge psychological research to modern versions of ancient wisdom practices from around the world. You will be offered the keys to supporting the awakening as the next natural stage of human development. You will learn how to shift out of your chattering mind into an embodied, open hearted presence that has capacity to love and heal both our judgemental and hurt emotional parts.
The first premise of Loch’s nondual approach is that the freedom, connection, and awakeness we are seeking are already within us. Effortless Mindfulness does not mean it “takes no effort” but that there is an effortless awareness here already. This already installed upgrade to our way of being only needs to be enabled for us to access the capacity to heal suffering at the root and live a courageous, compassionate life.
The retreat will include:
- Awareness yoga (moving awareness through the body and mind).
- Short, mico-meditations to help you immediately access awake consciousness.
- Peer Inquiry as a way to begin to communicate from the awakened heart-mind.
- Spontaneous qigong, gentle yoga, and embodiment exercises.
- Methods for bringing the open-hearted, compassionate Self to soothe the stressed body, mind, and emotions.
- Internal Family Systems-style exercises to bring our shadow parts and inner critics into healing and to reveal our authentic Self
Required prerequisite: Participants must be familiar with the practices of Effortless Mindfulness from either Loch’s Mindful Glimpses app or his books. www.mindfulglimpses.com
Recommended reading: Mindful Glimpses App, The Way of Effortless Mindfulness, and Shift into Freedom by Loch Kelly.