The Way of Effortless Mindfulness
Retreat with Loch Kelly
Friday-Wednesday, September 13-18, 2019
Mandali Retreat Center
Via Belvedere 2, 28898 Quarna Sopra (VB), Italy
“In this profound book, Loch Kelly offers his contemporary ways to “glimpse” our awake nature immediately and heal our wounded parts. When Loch and I have taught together, I have found, for myself and students, that Loch’s practices are amazingly effective. The Way of Effortless Mindfulness brilliantly weaves together meditation, neuroscience and psychotherapy to truly support a compassionate awakening. ~ Richard Schwartz, Ph.D., Founder of Internal Family Systems (IFS)
What if you could open into a natural flow of wisdom, compassion, and joy in any moment?
This possibility is closer than you think. Loch has integrated wisdom practices, neuroscience, and psychological research to support awakening as the next natural stage of human development. This retreat is based on Loch’s new book, The Way of Effortless Mindfulness.
In a world where everything changes continuously, it is liberating to discover the changeless and reliable source of our inner satisfaction that exist free of circumstance, to uncover our innate wisdom, deep freedom and embodied joy that is already available within us.
Once we have discovered this innate always here stability and freedom that is our “awake awareness” we must also look for how this awareness is interconnected with all of life. Tibetan Buddhist teacher Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche said: “There are two types of mindfulness: deliberate and effortless.”
Effortless mindfulness is an advanced yet simple form of mindfulness that can liberate the deepest levels of suffering. Effortless mindfulness immediately introduces you to your awake, loving nature. By making a small initial effort of “unhooking” awareness from chattering thoughts, you can begin the journey home.
In order to live from this open-hearted awareness, we will learn embodying practices, such as Internal Family Systems and Self-energy partner exercises, to heal shadow parts and energetic blockages.
Loch will present easily accessible methods that weave together feminine and masculine approaches to awakening and combine an ancient wisdom map of awakening, contemporary psychological models of healing, and unique energetic ways of connecting in relationships.
In this 5 day retreat you will learn:
- How to shift out of thought and into your awake, loving nature
- The different approaches of effortless mindfulness and deliberate mindfulness
- Unique methods to access Self and liberate hurt parts within us
- Mindful glimpses (micro-meditations) that can be done at any time with eyes open
- A contemporary version of ancient methods to navigate your consciousness
- Effective practices drawn from ancient wisdom, contemporary neuroscience, and psychotherapy
- How to make the "you-turn" from small self to no-self to true Self
- The Five Foundations of Effortless Mindfulness
- How to learn to return and train to remain in an awake, compassionate flow
- How to avoid the pitfalls to embodying awakening
It is recommended to read Loch Kelly’s The Way of Effortless Mindfulness (EU bookseller) before attending the retreat to have the basic vocabulary.REGISTER HERE